Engagement and support for future and current OSU students today will pave the way for alumni involvement and philanthropy tomorrow.
- The OSUAA maintains a strong partnership with the OSU Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Together, with the support of OSU alumni clubs throughout the country, we recruit the best and brightest to OSU from coast to coast.
- The OSU Office of Undergraduate Admissions participates in various college fairs, and often rely on alumni club volunteers to staff OSU tables and promote their alma mater by engaging interested students and passing out materials and OSU gear.
- First Year Experience (FYE) programs are made possible, in part, by private support from alumni, community partners, parents, and friends of OSU. FYE programs help students learn how to navigate the university, get comfortable on campus, challenge themselves and think of OSU as home.
- The OSUAA Alumni Scholars Program (ASP) presents an opportunity for OSU alumni clubs to engage exemplary students from their local area, to help them financially and to encourage them to attend OSU. Clubs must award scholarship money of at least $600 from their current use or endowment accounts. The scholarship money may be used to attend any OSU campus.
- In the 2014-15 school year, 116 OSU alumni clubs awarded a total of $613,000 to 428 students.
Student send-off events
- From an early-summer picnic to a back-to-school pool party, OSU alumni clubs can find fun and creative ways to celebrate and send-off incoming or current OSU students!
- The Charlotte alumni club sends a personalized letter to all incoming and current students with information about the local club, including contact information, and an invitation to upcoming events.
Staying in touch after student send-off
- OSU alumni club members can serve as a continued source of encouragement and support for the students from their local areas that attend OSU. Some examples:
- The New Mexico Alumni Club members connect with students when in Columbus for vacation, taking time out to have lunch with their ASP students.
- Members of The OSU Alumni Club of Greater Philadelphia send Philadelphia-centric care packages to their ASP students leading-up to and during finals week.
OSUAA sustaining membership
- Following commencement, OSU alumni club members can help encourage the students from their local areas to remain connected with OSU by becoming a sustaining member of the OSUAA. Sustaining membership can be achieved by making an annual gift of $75 or more to the OSUAA or any area of the university.